Our mission is to heal the body, mind and spirit of those we touch.
A life-threatening disease like cancer can make everything feel out of balance. You and your family may have many questions about life and wonder why cancer happened to you. Spiritual care from the interfaith chaplains at Memorial Cancer Institute in South Florida, can help you restore balance and enhance your healing process.
Coping with Cancer: How Spiritual Care Can Help
Our spiritual care interfaith chaplains meet you where you are in life and listen without judgment. We can help you:
- Connect you with your faith's clergy or community
- Integrate your illness into your life story
- Make sense of your situation and find meaning in it
- Perform rituals and partake in sacraments and ceremonies as you wish
We can pray with you or just sit with you. You do not need to be religious to benefit from spiritual care. Spirituality is about connecting to something greater than ourselves. It is about wholeness and healing of the soul.
Spiritual care and wellness can empower patients and families with hope and peace. Positive feelings can help you:
- Adapt to cancer treatment and side effects.
- Improve your quality of life.
- Reduce depression, anxiety, distress and feelings of loneliness.
Spiritual care is available at no cost for Memorial Cancer Institute's patients, family and caregivers.
Call 954-265-4325 (HEAL) to speak with a member of our spiritual care team at Memorial Cancer Institute in South Florida.
Spiritual Care Team
Memorial Regional Hospital
Ms. Daisie Roinotis
Memorial Hospital West
Dr. Peter J. Zografos