Martinus Dyrud, DO
Hollywood, FL 33021
I am a cardiac intensivist at Memorial Healthcare System where I care for patients in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CICU). With more than 15 years of experience in internal medicine, cardiology and critical care medicine, I care for patients with advanced heart failure, implantable cardiac devices, post open-heart surgery, cardiac transplant, ventricular assist devices and Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO).
I feel fortunate to work in the cardiovascular ICU at Memorial because it is a very special unit. Our critical care team members, surgeons and other specialists work closely and seamlessly together to provide timely, comprehensive and proactive care. Together, we are able to address each patient’s unique critical care needs quickly, with exceptional attention to detail and a heavy dose of compassion.
In addition to caring for patients, I have served as an ACLS instructor, EMT, medical consultant, guest lecturer, and am actively involved with education and teaching as an affiliate faculty member at Florida Atlantic University. I have also been instrumental in developing a number of critical care management platforms and procedures, including the establishment of ECMO care protocols, implementation of multidisciplinary rounding, and post-arrest hypothermia management.
Cardiovascular Critical Care Physician - Memorial Regional Hospital
Affiliate Faculty - College of Medicine, Florida Atlantic University
Fellow - American College of Chest Physicians
Critical Care Medicine
Related Medical Services
- Western University Of Health Sciences, 1998
- UCSF Alameda County Medical Center, 2001, Internal Medicine
- Orlando Regional Healthcare System, 2015, Critical Care Medicine
- University Of New Mexico Hospital, 2002, Cardiovascular Disease
American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine-Critical Care Medicine
- View Dr. Martinus Dyrud's publications on PubMed
- Management of Oral Bleeding during tPA Administration
Dyrud MJ, Wang I, Johnson D
Chest Infections; Oct 2020; Vol 158 (Suppl A402)
- In-vitro and in-vivo degradation of double-walled polymer microspheres.
Pekarek KJ, Dyrud MJ, Ferrer K, Jong YS, Mathiowitz E
Journal of Controlled Release 1996; 40: 169-178.
- Acute Myocardial Depression with inverted (reverse) Takotsubo physiology following bupivacaine/lidocaine injection for axillary nerve block.
Dyrud MJ, Gupta R, Khan R.
Chest 2014; Mar 1; Vol 145 (Supplement 62A)
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- American Osteopathic Association