Miguel Castro, MD
Hollywood, FL 33021
Pembroke Pines, FL 33028
I am an advanced heart failure cardiologist at Memorial Healthcare System. I treat patients with pulmonary hypertension, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, cardiac sarcoidosis, cardiac amyloidosis, adult congenital heart disease and OB-GYN patients with high cardiovascular risk.
I also perform right heart catheterizations, endomyocardial biopsies, PA catheter sensor implantations and intra-aortic balloon pump placements, as well as perform and interpret echocardiograms and cardiopulmonary exercise testing.
I was inspired to become a doctor because it blended my desire to help people with my inclination for science and technology. I was drawn to cardiology, and specifically heart failure, and love that it requires a collaborative team approach due to the critical nature of the conditions we are treating.
I enjoy having the opportunity to make a meaningful improvement in the quality and longevity of life for patients who are very sick and otherwise may not have a chance without our help. I also love building long-term relationships with my patients and being a part of the advancement of the field.
When I meet patients for the first time, I love to hear their story and goals so we can tailor their care while also maintaining a holistic approach to their health.
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madre y Maestra, 2012
- Cleveland Clinic Florida, 2015, Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic Florida, 2017, Internal Medicine
- Houston Methodist Hospital, 2020, Cardiovascular Disease
- Houston Methodist Hospital, 2021, Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
- American College of Cardiology
- ACC.19. Poster Presentation: Persistent Heart Failure in a Patient supported by Left Ventricular Assist Device caused by aortic valve paravalvular leak treated successfully with Amplatzer occluder. 2019.
- ACC.18. Poster Presentation: High Output Heart Failure Secondary to Coronary Caval Fistula and Patent Foramen Ovale. 2018.
- Grand Rounds: Cardiac Sarcoidosis: Has A Great Masquerader Been Unmasked? Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX. 2020.
- Case Presentation: Houston Methodist Heart Failure Summit. Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX. 2020.
- Cardiogenic Shock Case Presentation. 2nd annual Houston Methodist Critical Care Symposium. Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX. 2020.
- Grand Rounds: Contemporary Management of Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension. A Team Based Approach. Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX. 2019.